Thursday, July 18, 2013

Smoothie Heaven...



One of my favorite things to look for on Pinterest is recipes. There are SOOOOOOO many recipes!!! I don't think I will ever get to try them all, but I am certainly going to give it a go!

**HUSBAND CHEERS WILDLY**

Here is a quick little recipe/trick I found for SMOOTHIES.........SOOOOOOOO GOOD!! I found this one posted over at Lacey in Love and knew as soon as I saw it I had to try it out myself! YUM!!


First step, is your ingredients. I am making mine with French Vanilla Yogurt, Oatmeal, Strawberries, Peaches, Kiwi & Banana. Use whatever you prefer, but these are my faves and I am adding in oatmeal to make my smoothies a little more filling, as I plan on making these my meals. I am also using the citrus blend juice from Five Alive.


Next, scoop yogurt into a muffin tin. I chose to use regular yogurt, instead of frozen yogurt, because I think it tastes better, it's cheaper and there are many more flavor options too! So I used a good sized heaping tablespoon and filled up all the cups with my french vanilla yogurt, and then added in my oatmeal, and mixed it up.


Next, I sliced my fruit and divided it into muffin tins as well! I used frozen strawberries and peaches, simply for a cost saving method that would save me some time. So all I had to slice up was my banana and my kiwi.


I threw both muffin tins in the freezer overnight and this morning, I put one frozen portion of yogurt into a ziploc baggie with one frozen portion of fruit. I now have 24 fast and easy smoothie baggies, ready to go in the freezer! All I gotta do it pop 'em into my magic bullet, add a bit of my OJ and away I go!!


The best part though.......I got ALL of these ingredients for a grand total of $19.67 and that includes HST tax! I made 24 smoothie baggies, (and still have some fruit leftover!!) so that means my smoothies cost a grand total of about 0.82 cents each!

BEAT THAT STARBUCKS!!

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! And even more thanks for your comments :)