Friday, July 19, 2013

Blog Prompts...

Now that I have this pretty little blog all designed the way I want it, what the hell am I going to write about?! I think that my "tabs" show some of my intentions, but a big part of me also wants to just WRITE. I loved to write a million years ago, and I hope to start again.

So, off to google I went. And I searched for "Blog Prompts." I have found many, but the first one that I am going to write about I found over at Mama's Losin It

These are the choices she has up right now:

The Prompts:

1.) A bad habit you’d like to break.
2.) “Currently”. A simple list of things you’re currently feeling as seen at Sometimes Sweet.
3.) Write about an argument you once had with a parent when you were a child.
4.) List 10 things you are afraid of.
5.) Write a limerick!

Though #5 is rolling around in my brain and may make an appearance before this post is done, I have decided that I am going to go with lucky #2.

My "CURRENTLY" is pretty intense right now. Crazy things are going on in our life, and if I had to sum it all up into one word, I think that word would be OVERWHELMING.

I am working way too hard. I am sleeping way too little. I have started my weight loss journey, as of today. Monday my Mister starts a new job, that is going to allow us to have a "NORMAL" day-to-day routine that most people take for granted.

*PAUSE*

I need to write about that :)

My Mister and I have been together for 10 years now. Married for 6. And he is a truck driver. He has spent about 9.5 of our 10 years together, on the road. Sometimes gone for a couple of days and then home for a few hours or if I was really lucky, a day or two. Sometimes gone for several weeks, and then home for a day or two. Many birthdays, Anniversaries, even Christmas and New Year's have been spent apart. And I have missed him so.

As of Monday, he will be working Monday - Friday, day shift, home every night with weekends off. I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am to be able to WAKE UP every morning with my love beside me. And fall asleep with him there, EVERY night. And have dinner together EVERY evening.

Such small things, I know........but we have never had that! In a way, I am nervous about it too....

I am not used to having him in my space all the time. I am not used to sharing the bed, or the bathroom, or cooking for 2. I find myself wondering if we will get on each other's nerves......HAHAHA! In a way, we are kind of learning to live together, all over again! How bizarre is that?!

But mostly I am excited. And happy. And he is as well, he has been counting down the hours since he left his last delivery last night. He will be home in about 30 minutes, have the weekend off & then start fresh Monday morning.

I will have to keep you posted on how it is going.......for real!

:)

OK, *UNPAUSE*

My son is also having a hard time with his new found "adulthood" and the decisions he is faced with. The poor kid.....young man.

His dad and I are no longer together, and haven't been since he was just 2 years old. He lived with me most of his life, visiting his dad on the weekends, and then when he was older we had shared residency, so that our son could live with each of us for equal time. He would live with my husband and I for 2 weeks and then he would go and live with his dad and his wife for 2 weeks.

Fast forward to post-graduation..........mom now lives in BC, dad lives in Alberta and our poor son doesn't know where to go or what to do or how to start his life. He is torn with "choosing sides" and no matter what I say or how many times I tell him he is wrong, he feels like no matter what he chooses, someone is going to get hurt.

All I want is for him to be happy. And thriving. And Content. I don't care if he has to be on the moon to make it happen!

(But the mama in me sure does hope he comes home to BC ;)

Our home flooded a month ago, and we are renting so we are waiting for the landlords to FINALLY start renos. From day to day, I don't know if the house is going to be torn up or if I will finally get the call to start packing our things out of the rooms so they can get started. And yes, I said a MONTH ago, so I am genuinely concerned about mold.

So, as you can see my "CURRENTLY" is a little crazy right now and I really could use a vacay!!! And as you have read, the prompts really DO work! LOL!

Peace out readers, I'm off to enjoy some sunshine!!

~*~The Broad who wants to blog.........about everything~*~



1 comment:

  1. I have one of those man-childs at home, too. Just turned 18, leaving for college in 27 days (not that I'm counting). Wants to be treated like an adult, still brings rocks home in his pockets and washes them in my kitchen sink.

    Good luck on your new blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! And even more thanks for your comments :)