Friday, July 19, 2013

Getting Real...

I am overweight. Obese. And it is time that I do something about it. I seem to go through phases, where I will eat healthy. And drink water. And go to bed at a decent hour. And do planks. But then I "fall off the wagon" and all my old habits come back.

I lie to myself. I make excuses. I blame others. And I eat. I really need to get a grip on reality, as I am now just 4.5 years younger than my dad was when he had his first heart attack!! How scary is that?! All this graduation talk, and I might not be around to see my own grand-babies!

That is unacceptable.

So, today I am beginning......and I am going to try really hard to do it this time. Each day I will set myself 3 small goals to try and reach. I am going to forget the "need to lose 50 pounds FAST" way of thinking, and realize that it is going to take time and patience.

I have decided I will use a part of my blog to post things, share my journey, photo updates, etc. In a way, I am considering it a place to be held accountable for my actions and the promises that I am making to myself right now.

I truly believe that this is going to be the hardest thing I have ever done. And I truly believe that I will need some support, encouragement and help through this journey.

Here is to finding the Skinny in me, and releasing her..........once and for all!!

Today is Friday, July 19th. And here is my starting photo:



I can't even tell you how hard it is for me to post that photo. I am the girl that is always re-taking photos 400 times, cropping and ONLY posting the most flattering ones I can find. I hate this photo. And want to look like the girl in my profile picture again.

So here I go. Please stay with me, and encourage me and hold me accountable. I know it's not fair to ask, but today......Day One......I need you.

My goals for today:

- at least 8 glasses of water
- create a new account on MyfitnessPal to track my calories
- walk around the block

I am not sure how often I will weigh in, or post photos. Probably every month, on the same day. So I think my next updated photo will happen on August 19th. But I hope to see you before then!

Thanks for your help :)

2 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! Good luck, Tess! You can SO do this. Hell, we'll sort of be doing it together! One day at at time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kacie :) And more so, thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! And even more thanks for your comments :)