Thursday, July 18, 2013

Graduation...




My son is officially a high school graduate. We travelled up to Sherwood Park for his ceremony in style, and with quite the convoy I might add! My parents came along, as well as my sister and her family and one of my brothers and his family.

The Mister and I headed up on Wednesday and got a head start on celebrating and helped the Graduate with some last minute details. We got to spend lots of time with the boy & his lil lady. The 4 days we were there were somewhat of a whirlwind, to say the least!

Thursday night we had dinner with my parents and the boy's lil lady got to meet his grandparents for the first time. Friday was the big day, and we headed to the Leg grounds for photos and then all 18 of us headed to Boston Pizza for dinner before the ceremony!
(This was the graduates request :) We had a blast! BP's impressed us with how well they took care of us! After dinner we were off in convoy style to the Shaw Conference Center to watch him walk across that stage...

Man-oh-Man.....I can't describe the feeling in one word. I have never been more proud in my life. And I was so happy. And sad. And excited. And scared. Much like he was feeling, I am sure! Sitting in the stands watching him move into the next chapter of his life was surreal :) And boy you should have heard us cheer!!

Here are a couple of my favorite photos to share......I am still waiting to get back the REAL ones, so these are just some I snapped with my iPhone....

Brad and his Girl...



Cap toss at the end...(Tay actually took this photo, my battery had died by the end!!)



And finally, before I share with you the "MONEY SHOT" I have to tell you a short story...

Flashback about a million year ago, or 14......and my little sister was graduating from high school. Brad had just turned 4 and they were buddies. This is my FAVORITE photo taken on my sister's graduation day...



We decided that this photo HAD TO be re-created on HIS graduation day. Minus the upside down part, since she was in a dress and that would have just been weird. Everytime I see this picture I giggle like a school girl and tear up :) It turned out ABSOLUTELY perfect...



On Sunday, we left Edmonton with two newly graduated teenagers in the back seat. Taylor came down and spent 2 weeks with us and Brad is still here until the 31st. He has said he is coming back in October, once he has his driver's license.......FOR GOOD. I am one happy mama :)

I don't know what the future has in store for my "boy" but I do know that he will be good at whatever he does and I will be forever proud...

MOST of the crowd, but not all....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! And even more thanks for your comments :)