Sunday, November 17, 2013

It's been awhile...

...and my how things have changed! We have moved.....AGAIN. No big shocker, I suppose. This was our 3rd move since April. Yes, I said THIRD. We have returned to Alberta.......the land of opportunity, so to speak. And things are looking up for us, for the first time in 11 years.

Firstly, I am back with my son. Well......in the same town, anyway. He is all growed up now, after all....but it is wonderful to be able to see him more often.

What brought on this sudden change, you might ask? A few things....

Back in September I attended my yearly scrapbook retreat and as always, had the time of my life :) Realized how lonely I have been, and enjoyed the time with Loni and my g/f's very much. I wanted to be near them all again.....even though leaving my family was tough. We seem to have a "closer" relationship from afar though, for some reason.

My husband also was offered an incredible job opportunity that we couldn't over look. He has started an apprenticeship for his "picker truck" ticket and is on his way to becoming a crane operator. He is very excited and I am thrilled to see him thriving, working towards a prosperous career and the best part.....OFF THE HIGHWAY and safe at home with me every night :)

I too am starting a great office admin job in the near future. My start date is not yet determined, as I will be taking over for someone going on mat leave and no one is certain when that will be yet.....sometime in the next 2-4 weeks. For now, I am biding my time crafting and hanging out with my Chica.

We are currently sharing a house with my Chica for a few months, until we are ready to find our own place in the early spring or so. It's a beautiful house in Sherwood Park and I am enjoying being roomies.

That is an update, in a nutshell! Now on to tonight...

The Mister and I ventured out onto the frosty winter roads for a date night.....something that we haven't done in a very long time. We went and saw a movie at the theater and it was so good that I came straight home to post the trailer for all of you, so that you don't miss your chance to see it.

The movie is called "About Time" and it stars Rachel McAdams. It is by far, the BEST movie I have seen in a LONG time. The story was fantastic, and I can't wait for it to come out on blu-ray so we can add it to our forever collection! It will be one that I will watch over and over again.

In case you have yet to see the preview, here it is for you to see......and if you get the chance to enjoy this one on the big screen....I give it THREE thumbs up! And THAT my friends, is impressive...



It is now time to go and enjoy my tea and the rest of my evening with the Mister.....take care and stay warm out there! I shall be back in a much timlier fashion...

~*~The Broad who wants to blog about...EVERYTHING.~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! And even more thanks for your comments :)